VP Third-Party Risk Manager
145 Bank Street-NH501
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Third-Party Risk Manager reports directly to the Vice President, Head of Third-Party Risk Management (3PRM) and is responsible for maintaining all program governance materials including 3PRM standards, programs and procedural documentation. S/he will also lead and/or advance Programs that fall under the responsibility of the 3PRM group, including Webster's Onsite Visit Program and the Relationship Manager (RM) Education and Awareness program which includes approximately 180 RMs.
The Third-Party Risk Manager will provide thought leadership when developing new and/or emerging aspects of the program including a non-traditional (aka "non-vendor") third-party risk management program framework and roadmap.
The primary objectives for the Third-Party Risk Manager are:
- Lead and execute on evolving aspects of Webster's third-party risk management program.
- Provide thought leadership when introducing and delivering enhancements to Webster's program.
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization to support the continued advancements of the function.
- Develop and/or deliver relevant content to Webster's RM Community supporting ongoing Education and Awareness activities.
Oversee and maintain program standards, programs and procedures for both 3PRM and 2nd line risk partner community. Lead the development of new and/or enhancements pertaining to this documentation.
- Act as the 3PRM Committee Secretary, working directly with Committee Chair to prepare monthly committee agenda and discussion topics. Document committee minutes and work with program stakeholders to gather and prepare materials for these monthly meetings.
- Develop and/or enhance programs owned by Webster's 3PRM group, including
- Education and Awareness Activities for RMs & 2nd line risk partners
- Enterprise Onsite Visit Program
- Non-traditional (aka "non-vendor") third-party program
- Provide thought leadership supporting the advancement of Webster's program to a centralized third-party risk management center of excellence.
- Act as the Compliance Liaison for the entire Procurement department, interact with Compliance on a monthly basis and deliver updates to required reporting, etc.
- Oversee Webster's 3PRM procedures manual, form letters, and all other communications from the 3RPM team.
- Provide back-up support when responding to user inquiries, including assistance with the third-party application used to maintain Webster's third-party risk management program.
- Provide back-up support on educating internal and external users on the third-party risk management portal and lead targeted user training, as necessary.
- Provide guidance and assistance as needed by the LOB Relationship Manager population for timely completion of third-party due diligence requirements.
- Use regulatory and compliance related knowledge to manage internal and external third-party regulatory issues. Escalate all complex or compliance issues to management.
- Communicate the framework of the 3PRM to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide back-up support responding to incoming messages received by the 3PRM general mailbox and provide guidance as necessary.
- Provide back-up support in managing Webster's third-party risk management application (Hiperos).
- Embody Webster's core values, taking responsibility for meeting customer's needs, respecting the dignity of every individual, earning trust through ethical behavior, giving of ourselves in the communities we serve, and working together to achieve outstanding results
- Proficient knowledge of third-party risk management processes and methodologies
- Proficient knowledge of third-party regulations
- Demonstrated analytical acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technology skills i.e. PC, internet/intranet, third-party management database management (OnBase, Hiperos, or similar)
Bachelors Degree required (Risk Management, Accounting, Finance, or similar)
Specialized training preferred.
Job Reference #: 5000233061106