Be part of a caring community
What inspires us
Our growth and success is based on a set of values established by our founder Harold Webster Smith in 1935. We call them The Webster Way:
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for meeting our customer's needs.
- Respect: We respect the dignity of every individual.
- Integrity: We earn trust through ethical behavior.
- Dedication: We give of ourselves in the communities we serve.
- Collaboration: We work together to achieve outstanding results.
Discover what our people love about working at Webster
I tell people all the time the reason I work at Webster is because of the people that I work with and that I love who I work for. It truly gives me the balance that I need in my life.
We know you have an active, busy life. So we offer Total Rewards, a comprehensive benefits package* to help you take care of your health, your family, and your financial future. Plus, you will receive two paid days to volunteer for community service activities that are important to you.* Employee volunteering now exceeds 130,000 hours.
Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Health savings accounts (HSAs)
- Health reimbursement accounts (HRAs)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Wellness incentives
- Health Coaching
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Matching 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Bank (exclusive employee discounts on our financial services)
- LifeStages Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Offered to eligible employees
Take your career to the next level
Career Development matters at Webster. Our goal is to help you build a meaningful career with our blueprint for success. We want you to have a long and rewarding Webster career. You are encouraged to take advantage of professional development programs and workshops, along with career consultation to maximize job fit and promote career advancement. Take your career to the next level and discover your future at Webster.
Not sure what direction you want your career to go? Reflect on your values, interests, and skills through dedicated Webster Bank resources such as workshops and leadership development tools.
Exploring Career Options
Learn more about different roles within Webster with our Career Maps, our Career Stories and through our Job Shadow Program.
Developing Your Capabilities
Develop your skills and experience through resources such as Webster Bank University and Personal Development Plans.
Once your career goals are in sight, update your talent profile, build your internal network, seek career consultations and keep your eye on Bankers on the Move.