VP, Relationship Manager
Date ActiveJun 7, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location100 Franklin Street-MASU2
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Acquire new Business Banking sales opportunities and retain existing customers within selected industry segments: healthcare, not-for-profit, associations, real estate management firms, law firms and other professional service markets. Provide proven consultative selling and long-term relationship building. Effectively market and demonstrate knowledge and banking skills necessary to lead ongoing business development efforts.
To provide collaboration and assistance to Business Bankers in sales and attentive one-on-one service to customers; loan underwriters in loan structuring; loan closing specialists in closing loans. This role will be dependent on the ability to drive deposit generation, cash management sales and lending directed at the targeted specialty segments through active involvement in associations, existing COI networks, sponsorships and continued demonstration of industry expertise.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
1. Achieve determined sales goals through development & generation of new and existing customers
2. Identify and direct cross selling opportunities within current customer base.
3. Execute highly focused prospecting activities through cultivation and relationship building in industry segments
4. Structure credit solutions for existing and potential customers; advocate customer/prospect position in credit approval process.
5. Develop and maintain deep understanding of customer's financial condition and needs.
6. Attend and demonstrate Specialty Banking's industry-specific knowledge at branch and regional meetings.
7. Interact with market manager and branches to foster & develop growth objectives
8. Develop, deliver, support outreach programs for customers & prospects through events & tradeshows
9. Demonstrate knowledge of Webster products, services, and capabilities.
10. Represent Webster in local community.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree a plus.
* 5-7 years of experience in credit structuring and cross selling.
* Proven ability to develop and cultivate customer relationships.
* Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
* Understanding of regulations governing financial products/services.