VP -Application Support
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Department Level Description:Day to day responsibilities include managing a team of ~10 employees & several contractors to run Webster's critical Core Banking applications, daily batch processing & Operational Resiliency processes (BCP/DR). Many of the applications are run by Fidelity Information Services (FIS) and a key component of this position is vendor management for operations and execution of projects. The role will also have the responsibility of ensuring the budget associated with this team and initiatives are managed appropriately.
- Responsible for the direction, leadership and execution of the Core Banking Systems including the Loan and Deposit applications.
- Fully responsible for development, design and implementation of these product plans and strategies.
- Owns the relationship with IT and Vendor partners providing platform capabilities that support the applications.
- Ensure all security, Sox & compliance processes are being followed, documented and reportable.
- Oversee the delivery of designs and programs for new and existing projects; keep current on best practices in technology and market trends.
- Assumes all budgetary and forecasting responsibility for the department.
- Identify and initiate work process and tool improvements that lead to increased productivity.
- Drives operational excellence in all applications through ITIL, metrics and consistency.
- Determine the Operational Resiliency short term and long-term program strategy to support the bank.
- Manage, develop, guide, coach and mentor staff members to maximize their performance and potential. Ongoing review and management of performance, compensation, development, advancement opportunities and organizational alignment.
- Bachelor's Degree in directly related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of software development and strong vendor management experience, at least 5 of which were in a supervisory capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of system development life cycle, client area's functions, and applications program development alternatives.
- Excellent communication, leadership, management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute highly visible high priority deliverables in a complex matrixed environment.
- Able to build successful relationships with all levels of IT staff, management and line of business.
- ITIL & Agile Experience / Certification a plus.