Vice President, Fund Banking
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
As a Vice President, Relationship Manager for Webster Bank's Fund Banking team within the Sponsor & Specialty business line, you will be responsible for all underwriting and portfolio management activities for subscription line facilities and other fund-level financings. This leadership position includes managing junior resources and ensuring required portfolio reviews, amendments, and incremental credit extensions are processed in accordance with Webster Bank’s Policies & Procedures. Candidates at this level are typically capable of managing fund-level financings under minimal supervision. You will be a meaningful contributor and assume increasing levels of responsibility that encompasses portfolio management, underwriting, business development, and communicating with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the underwriting, due diligence, and legal documentation of subscription lines and other fund-level financings. The Vice President will be responsible for presenting credit opportunities to investment committee. Throughout this process, the Vice President will mentor junior deal team members and interact with multiple stakeholders, including business development officers, senior credit officers, capital markets, private equity sponsors, external partner banks, legal counsel, and operations personnel;
- Management and coordination of all post-close borrower requests including waivers, amendments, and extensions;
- Working with junior resources to ensure the timely input and data integrity of borrower financials into Webster Bank's portfolio management systems;
- Overseeing and presenting semi-annual and annual portfolio reviews to credit committee;
- Performing ad-hoc portfolio analyses and market research to support the team’s strategic initiatives and growth objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience;
- 7-10 years' experience in commercial credit underwriting at a commercial bank, including at least 3 years’ experience underwriting fund-level financings;
- Experience with leading underwriting and due diligence processes from origination to close, including the negotiation of credit agreements / legal documentation, with limited oversight;
- Excellent ability to manage multiple credit requests at once;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel capabilities;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision;
- Experience with training, leading, and mentoring junior resources
- Experience with underwriting fund-level financings beyond subscription lines (e.g., NAV loans, hybrid loans, GP lines of credit);
- Experience working on syndicated facilities with capital markets a plus;
- Graduate of a formalized credit training program.
Business Unit Overview
Webster’s Fund Banking business unit provides fund-level financings to middle-market private equity, growth equity, private credit, and commercial real estate funds throughout the nation. The business unit is a fast-growing vertical within Webster’s Sponsor & Specialty Finance line of business that provides secured commercial loans to middle-market companies and sponsors across a variety of end-markets, including technology, healthcare, business services, consumer, and aerospace and defense. The team is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has additional offices in Stamford, CT and New York, NY.
The estimated salary range for this position is $175,000 USD to $200,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.