Underwriter - Small Business Banking
Date ActiveJan 11, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Manage the credit and underwriting of small business loans within the Business Credit Center while leveraging automated credit models to provide customers with best-in-class credit turnaround decisions.
- Manage all aspects of underwriting consistent with Business Credit Center policies and procedures for loans, lines of credit, and line of credit renewals up to $750,000 that kick out of the auto decision processes.
- Underwriting to include application review, personal and business credit analysis, collateral analysis, and debt service analysis.
- Review environmental questionnaires for any red flags that might warrant additional due diligence.
- Verify the accuracy of PowerLender data inputs to ensure high quality documentation (commitment letters), and the satisfaction of all Compliance related entries.
- Perform credit approval amendments as required for post approval changes to credit related terms.
- Critical Credit point of contact for (a) Loan Processing inquiries as they process less complex transactions, (b) Small Business LOB inquiries as they take and input customer applications, (c) Portfolio Management as they process line of credit renewals, and (d) the Closing Team as they assemble and collect closing checklist items.
- Participate in projects that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process.
Education, Experience & Skills required:
- High school diploma/GED required; some college courses in a related field strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial loan underwriting
- Familiarity with the PowerLender system with a particular focus in the credit processing of commercial mortgages and SBA supported loans.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines with an ongoing sense of urgency