Underwriter/Processor, Correspondent Mortgage/Hybrid
Date ActiveApr 8, 2022 9:58:58 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Work with Correspondent partners to ensure complete, accurate, and reviewed loan application files. This involves collecting application, employment, and financial documentation, and tracking progress in the lending system. In addition, communicate timely with all stakeholders in the lending life cycle.
***This is a hybrid role and can be based in Rhode Island, Boston, New York and/or Connecticut.
- Review and verify initial loan application file and work with Correspondent partner to gather appropriate documentation as applicable.
- Contact and collect all required documentation for the loan package.
- Imaging / Indexing borrower documentation to OnBase system.
- Assist with review and analyze entire loan file, including application, credit report, investor findings, income and asset documentation, customer identification information, OFAC review, title verification, fraud review, collateral review, and property valuation.
- Assist Underwriter with clearing conditions.
- Timely updates to Correspondent partners on status.
- Interact with Underwriters, Originators, and Vendors, to complete requirements to decision loan files as applicable.
- Efficiently manage pipeline of loans, including follow up to ensure timely decision.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in mortgage loan underwriting
- Knowledge of residential mortgage lending
- Understanding of loan origination process and systems
- PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional customer service / phone skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal / written)
#LI - BY1