Treasury Portfolio Analyst
145 Bank Street-NH501
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Provides analytical, operational, reporting and accounting support for the efficient and effective management of the investment portfolio in close partnership with Portfolio Managers, Funding Team, Asset Liability Management (ALM), Treasury Sales, Treasury Accounting, and Treasury Credit Risk.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Monitor all settlements of complex securities and derivatives to ensure proper settlement in compliance with bank, regulatory and SOX policies and market conventions.
- Responsible for reconciling, pricing, documentation and controls for all complex investments in portfolio and detailed analytics and reporting of the investment portfolio.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of high level management reports to ALCO, ERMC, Board and quarterly earnings calls, including ad hoc reporting.
- Responsible for stress testing the investment portfolio for tangible common equity shock analysis and capital stress testing (DFAST).
- Responsible for collaborating with Treasury Accounting and Treasury Credit Risk to ensure the production of accurate and timely investment portfolio reports.
- Assist in AFS Impairment and CECL process as necessary
- Assist Portfolio Managers as needed in the purchase and analysis of securities for the investment portfolio
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Strong Excel, analytical, math, and writing skills required.
- Knowledge of investment accounting preferred.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, SS&C, Intex,Trepp and YieldBook a plus.
Job Reference #: 5000491247906