Treasury Operations Accountant
Date ActiveMar 30, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Treasury Operations Accountant will perform various support functions for Finance and Commercial Treasury products including securities, debt issuance, and derivatives. Support functions include both operational, reporting, and accounting processes required to accurately record and account for treasury products in a controlled, regulated environment.
- Process daily trade activity and manage trade settlement of various systems including Bank of New York, FED wire/securities transfer systems, and CFTC clearing facilities.
- Reconcilement of general ledger accounts to sub system with timely resolution of exception items.
- Perform asset verification of prime brokers and custodial safekeeping.
- Manage payments for bank and customer positions including reconcilement and resolution of payment issues.
- Liaison with front office on all operational issues, including ad-hoc requests.
- Liaison with third party vendors to manage reference data, reporting requirements, and system maintenance.
- Liaison with SOX, Internal Audit and External Audit partners to coordinate test samples as needed.
- Prepare reporting schedules as needed for SEC and Regulatory requirements.
- Participation in projects as required.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- A Minimum of 2 years of Accounting; Operations experience is a plus.
- Experience in Treasury, or Treasury Accounting/Operations.
- Knowledge of treasury product regulatory requirements.
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills.