Treasury Management Sales Analyst
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Treasury Sales Analyst (TSA), is primarily focused on assisting Treasury Sales Officers (TSOs) with generating new treasury management, depository business and client retention activities. The TSA compiles data for TSOs, creates proposal/presentation, proforma pricing analysis and other business development functions. The TSA may have direct responsibility across a certain portion of a TSOs portfolio including direct sales via telephone. The TSA may accompany TSOs on client calls; including significant phone time required to help with pre-call planning and sales support and for sales presentations.
- Work independently and in partnership with TSO to create pro forma statements, cash flow diagrams, treasury reviews, and other information to assist in the sales process. This includes independently researching customer relationships within bank, service areas and other processing units
- Assist with the development of proposals and sales presentations to support the efforts of the assigned TSOs.
- Responsible for identifying cross sell opportunities in support of achieving revenue goals.
- Active involvement in the sales process including pre and post-sale activities. Participates as needed, in joint calls as well as pre-call plan and call debrief sessions.
- Contribute to team revenue goals through individual sales generation.
- Responsible for all documentation and approvals necessary to set up new products & services
- Direct client retention efforts including major problem resolution and act as LOB/Operations liaison to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensures client service deliverables are achieved and holds partners accountable by managing issues, escalations and error resolution.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operation risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and polices
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of financial services experience
- At least 1-3 years of treasury management experience
- Basic to In-depth knowledge and understanding of Treasury Management Services
- CTP or desire to obtain Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation
The estimated salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $80,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.