Third-Party Risk Manager
145 Bank Street-NH501
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Third-Party Risk Manager reports directly to the Head of Third-Party Risk Management (3PRM) and provides oversight to Webster's 3PRM evaluation process and acts as the liaison between business unit relationship managers, external relationship managers and risk managers throughout the organization. The Third-Party Risk Manager will provide thought leadership in redefining the risk assessment process and support the continuous improvement of the 3PRM function to remain at the forefront of third-party risk management.
The individual will also be responsible for overseeing and evolving the enterprise third-party onsite visit program, advance Webster's first line Third-Party Relationship Manager training, education and awareness program, and play a lead role in designing and implementing procedures for third-party issues, remediation tracking and management.
- Act as a key member of Webster's second line of defense for third-party risk management oversight.
- Support the advancements towards establishing a centralized third-party risk management center of excellence.
- Provide quality assurance review of risk evaluations and identify any discrepancies.
- Oversee and implement program enhancements to Webster's enterprise third-party onsite visit program.
- Oversee third-party contracts database and provide quality assurance to processes and program.
- Provide guidance and assistance as needed by the LOB Relationship Manager population for timely completion of third-party due diligence requirements.
- Follow the 3PRM Standard and escalating issues to management when appropriate.
- Create and/or modify procedure documents to support the 3PRM program, as required
- Provide back-up support responding to incoming messages received by the 3PRM general mailbox and provide guidance as necessary.
- Provide back-up support in managing Webster's third-party risk management application (Hiperos).
- Design and implement educational materials for internal users on the third-party risk management program and process; manage user training and awareness activities
- Escalate all complex or compliance issues to management
- Use regulatory and compliance related knowledge to manage internal and external third-party regulatory issues
- Communicate the framework of the 3PRM to all internal and external stakeholders
- Embody Webster's core values, taking responsibility for meeting customer's needs, respecting the dignity of every individual, earning trust through ethical behavior, giving of ourselves in the communities we serve, and working together to achieve outstanding results
- Proficient knowledge of third-party risk management processes and methodologies
- Background in a capacity of risk management (third-party, or other)
- Proficient knowledge of third-party related regulatory policies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technology skills i.e. PC, internet/intranet, third-party management database management (OnBase, Hiperos, or similar)
- Proficient knowledge of contracts and other legal documentation
- Strong team collaboration
- Bachelor's Degree required (Master's preferred)
- Specialized training preferred.
Job Reference #: 5000233061106