If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Actively support Customer Care Center and Banking Centers personnel by providing operational expertise and support.
- Recommend appropriate internal resource(s) to assist callers with inquiries.
- Assist the department manager with identifying trends with regard to areas of learning opportunities for team members and branches.
- Assist in observations coaching/training of team members.
- Promote teamwork and a positive working environment in order to achieve team goals.
- Participate in team-training sessions consistent with the Internal Support Service standards and guidelines or branch required training.
- Work with supervisor to establish individual development goals.
- Meet/exceed individual development goals and objectives.
Sales & Service
- Model behavior consistent with established Quality Service Standards and guidelines.
- Develop strong external/internal relationships with customers and departments through exceptional problem solving, ownership, and follow through.
- Utilize internal resources to respond to customer inquiries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Effectively utilize decision/exception tools to support retention of valuable customers.
- Promote alternative delivery of services and other marketing initiatives as required.
- Take ownership of escalated issues and report systems or policy issues to appropriate parties.
- Act as an advocate for the customer by submitting feedback through appropriate channels.
- Consistently meet/exceed respective goals and service standards.
Operations & Compliance
- Process all required customer requests and respond to product and service inquiries in a responsible, timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate and reinforce changes in operational policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems on a case-by-case, customer-by-customer basis which may include policy, procedure, process, compliance and risk assessment.
- Ensure Banker inquiries or customer requests are accurately and efficiently resolved.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures.
- Maintain Compliance standards by ensuring timely completion of STM's and required monthly regulatory training.
- Ensure fee waivers and rebates are granted within bank guidelines.
- Make appropriate exceptions when handling fee rebate calls.
- Ensure the prevention of fraudulent activities through adherence to bank policies and procedures.
Other duties as required.
-Strong customer service skills
-Must have banking center/branch operations experience
-Utilize communication and problem-solving skills to effectively communicate and service customers using the telephone.
-Working knowledge of computer and processing skills (email, internet, intranet, etc.)
-Ability to learn all software systems that support Contact Center and Branch requests, inquires and transactions.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Ability to effectively multi-task
-Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
-Ability to motivate others
-Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base
-Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success
-Ability to understand Webster and Retail Banking mission, goals, and strategies and roles of key business partners
-Demonstrate a proficiency in coaching to improve team performance
-Spanish speaking a plus!