SVP Derivative Sales
Date ActiveDec 16, 2021 9:24:37 AMPositionExternal Description
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Webster Bank has a USD 30+B balance sheet with several different business verticals. The derivative sales team is responsible for marketing the derivatives platform to Webster Bank commercial bank customers, prospects, and COIs. In conjunction with commercial bank relationship managers, this work includes business development, relationship management, idea generation, thought leadership on markets, structuring, pricing & execution in relation to interest rate & FX derivatives. This role is responsible for providing coverage across business units within the Commercial Bank. The Derivatives Sales team aims to be forward looking, easy to work with, providing each of our customers with a customized service and bespoke offering that warrants an at or above ancillary share of their business. The role will implement this strategy while conducting business using the highest standards & values.
- Responsible for marketing Websters derivative platform to commercial bank customers/prospects in line with the overall commercial bank strategy (key internal stakeholder)
- Maintain and foster a collaborative approach to working with customers in conjunction with commercial bankers
- Develop business in relation to new clients / opportunities or new products with existing clients in the commercial bank via attending relevant commercial bank pipeline meetings, being in constant contact with relationship managers, providing content, being part of & attending joint or solo business development customer calls & presentations
- Provide ongoing relationship management to existing customers within the commercial bank portfolio
- Be creative in idea generation, maintain awareness of market trends & structure solutions to meet customers' needs
- In line with desk policies and procedures, be able to onboard a client from a derivative opportunity perspective
- Structure, price and execute on interest rate and FX derivatives with customers and interbank counterparties
- Provide thought leadership on markets to customers as part of business development and relationship management
- Be proactive, meet targets, be commercially minded, drive the derivative business and help clients achieve their financial goals
- Enhance the Webster Bank customer experience over and above the outright lending experience
- Be a team player, providing back up to other team members when required
- Build internal and external awareness of the desk / platform & build relationships with all internal / external stakeholders
- Adhere to internal policy & external regulations and keep up to speed on changes.
Education, Skill & Experience:
- BS required in Finance or Economics. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience in Finance or Economics.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an understanding of financial instruments and capital markets, and strong excel skills required. Facility with Bloomberg and/or other financial systems preferred.