Supervisor of Portfolio Management - Business Banking
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
* Recruit new team members and provide on-going training & performance management functions for direct reports.
* Monitor and maintain a small portfolio of Business loan customers and alert senior management to issues which affect portfolio quality.
* Manage the renewal and modification process for loans and lines of credit by coordinating the underwriting and document preparation process to effectuate timely document execution.
* Perform routine, thorough reviews of loan relationships and ensure accurate risk grades and data integrity in the portfolio at all times.
* Identify revenue generation and cross-sell opportunities within the existing customer base and work closely with Business Banking partners on shared relationships.
* Support and deliver superior customer service to business relationships and bring consistent customer experiences throughout the Bank's footprint.
* Support the Bank's loan payment collection efforts to remain within targets for past dues and charge-offs and identify and support the transfer of problem loans to the Restructuring & Recovery Unit.
* Minimum 10 years of related experience -- Commercial credit experience required. Strong credit skills with the capacity to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of a wide variety of credits
* Strong oral and written communication skills -- ability to lead a diverse group of banking professionals
* Comfortable in customer contact situations including escalations and potential work-out/loan restructure environments.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
* Efficient time management skills
Job Reference #: 5000395729606