Supervisor Fraud & Loss Management
Date ActiveMay 17, 2022 4:56:32 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Enterprise Financial Crimes Fraud Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day direct supervision of a team of fraud operations representatives. Primary functions include management of team fielding phone calls and inquiries from the financial center network and the call center pertaining to a wide array of fraud related matters including restricted accounts, charged-off accounts and more. The position includes the supervision of overdraft servicing, fraud exception processing, ID theft red flag maintenance, and customer outreach. The ideal candidate has strong banking knowledge, GL and accounting experience, customer service oriented and is motivated, well organized, operationally sound and enjoys working as part of a team.
- Supervise the departments day to day decision making regarding transaction processing related to charged off and OD accounts, restricted accounts, and more.
- Lead a team that is responsible for daily item processing, handling calls into the fraud dept call queue, monitoring Loss Management mailbox, and working in close collaboration with fraud prevention analysts.
- Maintain close connection with Webster Bank exception and return teams and processes.
- Provide continuous support to the Manager of Fraud Services
- Liaise with internal IT and vendors to ensure technology needs are met
- Analyze workload based on volumes and associated risk to continuously improve fraud operations
- Educate, train, and develop team on effectively and efficiently identifying and reporting suspicious activity
- Collaborate with other lines of business to ensure appropriate mitigation of fraud risks
- Point of contact for escalated calls and complaints from external customers.
- Responsible for ongoing review and refinement of department procedures and reporting.
Education, Experience, Skills
- BS preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 + years of experience in retail operations, accounting, branch supervision, compliance, or a related field.
- 2+ years of supervisory/managerial experience preferred
- Basic understanding of accounting procedures, banking regulations and banking guidelines.
- Strong analytic and computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to work independently in high volume environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours and daily work load requirements depending on need.