Summer Internship - Information Technology/Infrastructure
Date ActiveJan 18, 2023 7:46:25 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to gain real-world work experience, Webster Bank's internship program delivers! High performing students entering their junior or senior year of undergraduate studies will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster colleagues to gain valuable experience, knowledge, and skills. This internship program is designed to create a pipeline of candidates who may become Webster’s next generation of leaders.
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will experience an unforgettable summer of learning, networking, and fun, while gaining valuable experience that directly complements classroom studies. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience, broad exposure to our corporate functions, and opportunities for mentorship and networking. Webster's internship will be demanding & rewarding, and prepare you for your career ahead.
Summer Intern Program duration: May 30 – August 4, 2023.
Position: Summer Internship – Information Technology/Infrastructure
Primary duties and responsibilities:
The Infrastructure internship will provide an opportunity to work alongside different teams within the Infrastructure department to provide a sampling of hands on experiences across various deliverables. This list is not an all-inclusive and responsibilities may change as assigned based on prioritization and ongoing projects. Some of the job duties and responsibilities may include the following:
· Assisting the teams that support the cloud environment, Cloud Operations and CloudFinOps, in automation and cost optimization efforts. This will include working with data for detailed analysis of opportunities for cost and/or performance gains to execution in scripting with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to troubleshooting and reporting results of changes in the environment.
· Improving reporting capabilities through API integrations for increased visibility and troubleshooting.
· Assisting the IT Asset Management team in routine quality controls for cloud asset management. Evaluating defects for root cause remediation.
· Participating in asset deployments and inventory management with the IT Asset Management team for end user impact visibility and interactions.
· Participating in Policy and Procedure reviews across Infrastructure departments for attestation and highlighting process efficiency opportunities.
Location: Southington, CT
Participation Benefits Include:
- Networking and social events with other interns
- Opportunities to meet with business professionals, leaders and early career professionals
- Mentor assigned to help guide your experience at Webster Bank
- Future opportunities to interview for full-time positions post-graduation
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements for Interns:
- Current undergraduate rising Junior or rising Senior enrolled in an accredited college or university who is pursuing a degree in related field and has an interest in the banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, enthusiastic, and proactive
- Highly organized
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Experience creating and delivering presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative and inclusive team player
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
The estimated salary range for this position is $18.00/hr. - $20.00/hr. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.