Summer Internship - Commercial Banking
Date ActiveJan 18, 2023 3:13:05 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location500 Boylston St-MAS10
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to gain real-world work experience, Webster Bank's internship program delivers! High performing students entering their junior or senior year of undergraduate studies will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster colleagues to gain valuable experience, knowledge, and skills. This internship program is designed to create a pipeline of candidates who may become Webster’s next generation of leaders.
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will experience an unforgettable summer of learning, networking, and fun, while gaining valuable experience that directly complements classroom studies. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience, broad exposure to our corporate functions, and opportunities for mentorship and networking. Webster's internship will be demanding & rewarding, and prepare you for your career ahead.
Summer Intern Program duration: May 30 – August 4, 2023.
Position: Commercial Banking - Sponsor & Specialty
The Sponsor & Specialty intern, under direct supervision, will support the identified Commercial Banking team to assist portfolio managers and gain exposure to a variety of commercial banking functions.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Assist Portfolio Managers and Relationship Managers with research and analysis.
· Work on special projects, financial modeling, entering data, working on financial spreads, and other market and client analysis as needed.
· Under direct supervision may assist with preparing loan documents from rough drafts and/or review documents for accuracy and completeness.
· May assist with preparing credit reports, bank papers, and instruction forms for less complex customers.
Location: Boston, MA
Participation Benefits Include:
- Networking and social events with other interns
- Opportunities to meet with business professionals, leaders and early career professionals
- Mentor assigned to help guide your experience at Webster Bank
- Future opportunities to interview for full-time positions post-graduation
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements for Interns:
- Current undergraduate rising Junior or rising Senior enrolled in an accredited college or university who is pursuing a degree in related field and has an interest in the banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, enthusiastic, and proactive
- Highly organized
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Experience creating and delivering presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative and inclusive team player
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
The estimated pay rate range for this position is $18 USD to $20 USD per hour. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.