Sr. Relationship Banker
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This role is responsible for achievement of sales, service, operation goals for the Banking Center, based on Webster’s Strategic Guidelines. This individual assumes responsibility for the branch in the Banking Center Manager’s absence. They will work with existing clients and prospects to deepen the share of wallet and increase market share. They will play a vital role in the coaching of staff to cross sell products and services by maintaining a working knowledge of Webster’s products. They will assist with completion of required operational tasks to help the team achieve/ exceed audits. Colleague will develop and maintain a strong partnership with various business segments through collaboration and communication with the ability to supervise and coach others.
* Assists Banking Center Manager with achievement of banking center sales, customer service, P&L management, operations, and employee development.
* Assumes responsibility for the banking center in the Manager’s absence and always ensures exceptional client experience.
* Expected to achieve/ exceed individual sales, service & operations targets.
* Responds to customers' needs by processing routine banking transactions accurately; prepare and compile client application/information to open accounts.
* Build COI’s by networking and prospecting to propagate the Webster brand and create value.
* Successfully use lead management tools and resources to document activities, e.g., Salesforce.
* Support segmentation strategy with existing clients by implementing sales, retention, and other bank initiatives to support Banking Center’s growth and profitability objectives.
* Assist with the completion of required audits and operational standards.
* Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed branch evaluation requirements.
* Provide mentorship and guidance to colleagues to adhere to sales and service process by demonstrating leadership skills and modeling the way.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* High School diploma or GED required; college preferred.
* 3-5 years customer sales/service experience with 1-2 years supervisory experience. Demonstrated success in leading, coaching, and motivating.
* Working knowledge of all products and services
* Keeps current with all systems used for branch transaction processing.
* Demonstrates strong customer service skills and the ability to support teamwork, creating a positive working environment.
* Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and extended hours. Travel may be required to alternate Banking Centers.
The estimated salary range for this position is $24.00 to $30.00 USD an hour. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.