Sr. Marketing Strategist
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Senior Marketing Strategist
Webster Bank, building on its rich legacy of community banking and customer first culture, continues to invest in marketing to improve marketing expertise and efficiency, to increase market share in our target markets, and to deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
The Senior Marketing Strategist is responsible for leading the development and implementation of an integrated, multi-channel marketing communications plan for one or more complex business segments to help drive the goals of the assigned business segments and the overall brand of the Bank. This is a senior role in the marketing organization and responsibilities will flex in response to business needs. An understanding or history of supporting bank product and services with a focus on consumer and business banking (lending, deposits, investments), is critical. In this role, he or she is strategic partner and liaison responsible for engaging directly with business segment leadership and their teams to ensure a deep understanding of and alignment with their strategies, goals and initiatives. The person in this role is also responsible for ensuring market research and data analytics are included in the development of business strategy, marketing strategy and marketing ROI analysis. He or she is also responsible for maintaining a high level of persistent collaboration with key partners in Marketing Operations, Product, Brand, Digital and other areas of expertise in order to develop, syndicate and execute the marketing plan.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to lead the development and implementation of an integrated, multi-channel marketing plan-including the measurement and optimization of campaigns with the plan for one or more complex business segments
- Participating as an extended member of the business segment leadership and working teams, and developing deep business segment knowledge in order to inform strategic planning
- Working with Marketing Operations, develop and optimize marketing budget for business segment and obtain alignment with business segment leadership and marketing leadership
- Develop insights from marketing research, client data analytics and marketing ROI analytics and incorporate into marketing strategy and tactics
- Manage and influence other team members and subject matter experts in Marketing Operations, Product, Digital, Brand, both directly and indirectly, in the development and execution of marketing plans
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing strategy and planning in banking and financial services experience required, retail/community banking preferred
- At Least 15 Years specialized knowledge
- Strong knowledge of marketing analysis measurement and ROI
- Strong knowledge of all primary marketing channels, including advertising, direct mail, email, sales materials, digital, conferences, events, social, and experiential
- Ability to influence senior business leaders and become a trusted advisor through demonstration of critical thinking skills and by delivering logical and fact-based based arguments
- Ability to consistently prioritize workflow with heavy emphasis based on business impact
- Ability to lead and influence diverse teams from multiple disciplines
- Ability to maintain energy, focus and persistence despite challenges, disruptions and redirections
- Ability to use MS Power Point to present effectively at the executive level
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
Job Reference #: 5000439008406