Sr. IT Audit Analyst
Date ActiveSep 5, 2023 11:54:31 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Internal Audit is responsible for providing independent assurance and guidance across all lines of business and team members are encouraged to think creatively, challenge current processes, build relationships, identify, evaluate current and emerging risks, and hold themselves and teammates accountable in a flexible and delivery driven environment.
The Senior IT Audit Analyst is responsible for assisting in the completion of the Cybersecurity Program and the IT Audit Plan. The Senior IT Audit Analyst will be expected to execute the following: planning; fieldwork and reporting of assurance and advisory engagements; communicating findings and recommendations to management; and staying current on risks and controls specific to a set portfolio of responsibilities. Senior IT Audit Analyst works as an individual contributor who may provide guidance to other analysts and is responsible to meet pre-established goals and department metrics for assigned engagements. This position provides opportunity for growth and development within the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead engagements and work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify risks and controls in IT business processes and develop appropriate test plans.
- Assist in the implementation of automated audit techniques, including data analytics, to enhance the audit process.
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of IT controls and compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Prepare and/or review detailed IT audit documentation.
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and instances of non-compliance and recommendations to improve the control environment.
- Prepare written audit reports to include audit objectives, scope, findings, and final recommendations.
- Execute validation procedures according to department procedures
- Support IT risk assessments
- Perform continuous monitoring of assigned portfolio business units, special projects and/or high-risk areas of focus.
- Maintain and continuously improve information technology, cyber security, technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Contribute to the department’s strategic initiatives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree required, (IT discipline preferred.)
- Excellent organizational, communication and report writing skills.
- Strong technology background in multiple IT disciplines (information security/cybersecurity, infrastructure, database, networking, application development, etc.), and working knowledge of audit practices and standards.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks, such as NIST, COBIT, ITIL, and FFIEC, etc.
- Data analytic skills and aptitude, and familiarity with tools such as SQL, MS Access, Excel, or related data analysis tools.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Information Technology or IT Audit
- Professional Certification: CIA, CISSP, CISM, CISA, or related audit/technical designation is preferred
The estimated salary range for this position is $90,000.00USD to $100,00.00USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.