Sr. Credit Analyst
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Position: Sr. Credit Analyst
This position is responsible for, in a time sensitive environment, screening, analyzing, and underwriting credit requests. These requests will vary among industry and dollar size. These underwritings must be well defined, and conform to bank credit policies and risk underwriting guidelines.
- Financial statement spreading and analysis
- Review various credit bureau reports included Paynet, Transunion and D&B
- Obtain references where necessary
- Industry analysis
- Understand collateral types, specifically transportation and construction equipment
- Negotiate with Sales on acceptable terms/structure and/or disputed recommendations
- Prepare written recommendations assessing credit risks and mitigating factors associated with the transaction and the prospective borrower
- Present transactions to management
- Provide Credit support to Sales personnel on customer calls
- Prepare specific reports and managed special projects as needed
- General knowledge of current trends in commercial banking/equipment finance, and government related compliance issues
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 year degree in Finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the equipment finance industry