Sr. Content Copywriter
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Our in-house creative agency has both design and production capabilities. The Copywriter supports marketing through the development of effective marketing materials within both print and online digital media. The Copywriter has responsibility for in-brand concept, copy, and presentation supporting consumer and business product in alignment with the LOB strategies.
- Responsible for collaborating with peers on conceptual development and the drafting/editing of copy for various types of marketing, promotional, digital and in-house focused materials.
- Analyze information and engage subject matter experts to determine key messages, forming relevant understanding of the content context as it applies to LOB, market and target groups.
- Create relevant content for merchandising and concepts that align with overall brand strategy
- Proofread all creative assets produced by WSC team.
- Keep up to date with marketing trends, social media and blog writing trends, as well as specific financial industry trends
- Create on target, effective concepts, using appropriate style and tonality for the brand, audience, market, culture and the business context.
- Communicate ideas clearly, professionally, and persuasively at an individual and group level -- presenting and 'selling' solutions to marketing strategies, content and business objectives.
- Brainstorm with graphic designers to provide concepts that effectively reflect marketing strategies and meet the clients' objectives.
- Partner with graphic designers/brand team to deliver focused concepts that meet all client objectives.
- Edit content corrections resulting from the review process - ensuring all deliverable are met.
- Also act as an editorial/writing expert and reviewer for materials as needed.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with in-house clients, appropriately influencing relevant stakeholders to achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Work collaboratively with other departments while proactively problem solving.
- Maintain a clear and reasonable vision of 'next steps' and the 'big picture' during meetings, conversations or whenever the parameters of a project change.
- Meet overall content development performance goals.
- Ensure copy is consistent with company tone and overall strategic marketing goals
- As a brand steward, understand and promote use of brand assets and guidelines.
- Ensure brand integrity from concept through final production.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 8+ years of promotional and financial services copywriting experience an agency and/or corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in marketing, advertising, English, or digital communications.
- Demonstrate strong conceptual abilities -- creative mind with strong visualization skills - and expert writing skills, editing and proofing abilities.
- Able to create a range of concepts for each project independently
- Self motivated with a positive attitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills -- Ability to establish clear directions based on objectives, communicating well with others on the progress of work and results.
- Excellent project/time management skills and the ability to work juggle multiple tasks and priorities as well as strong follow-through.
- Solid Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills required.
Job Reference #: 5000497238106