Sr. Commercial Loan Closer
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Perform pre-closing, documentation and funding functions for conventional Business loans >$250K throughout the entire Bank footprint in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, Business Bankers, Banking Center personnel, Loan Operations, vendors, and Attorneys.
- Review and QC modifications and Line of Credit renewals for loans secured by real estate.
- Perform reviews of Commitment Letters prior to delivery to customers to ensure consistency with Credit Approval Documents and the Bank's Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Support and deliver superior customer service to business relationships in conjunction with loan closings to bring consistent customer experiences throughout the Bank's footprint.
- Provide support and training to other Business Banking Lending divisions as necessary including the SBA group and the Fast Track team.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the relationship and nuances between loan documents (i.e. how one document relates to, and affects another) and be able to articulate required changes.
- Adhere to Bank policies, Standard Terms and Conditions, and Bank's requirements for documentation, lien perfection and file set up.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience -- Commercial loan closing experience with expertise in areas such as title work, trusts and/or specialty mortgages required
- Solid understanding of commercial loan documentation and ability to negotiate terms within the spirit of the credit approval document.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with attorneys when questions arise
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively address the needs of their customers.
Job Reference #: 5000438016606