Sr Cloud Developer
Date ActiveJan 21, 2021 3:08:50 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Automation engineer is responsible for developing and maintains a continuous delivery pipeline that automates build and deployment of applications at Webster Bank. Automation of build using infrastructure as code is the first line of defense in protecting assets and applications deployed primarily to AWS and other cloud environments.
The automation engineer collaborates with application developers, QA engineers and could operations to build a secure pipeline encompassing of all aspects of an application, from infrastructure, application build, automated tests and operations and monitoring. This individual must have deep expertise in orchestration, containers, cloud infrastructure.
In this role, the individual will work closely within the architecture team and with Software Engineers to define and implement the standards that govern how we design applications for the cloud, how we automatically build, test and deploy cloud-based applications and automate the infrastructure and services that glue our platforms together to allow Webster Bank to efficiently operate our services with high uptime and performance.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
* Work with Product Delivery teams to setup automated CI/CD pipeline processes
* Create cloud infrastructure and configuration as code to automate provisioning and scaling processes using Teraform, CloudFormation, Gitlab and other automation tools
* Develop and leverage AWS tools and services to manage and automate key operations capabilities. This includes AWS Systems Manager, Patch Manager, Cloud Formation and custom scripting to extend the AWS services
* Build application environments and platforms in AWS using techniques and tools to guarantee high availability, reliability, disaster recovery, security and monitoring
* Develop solutions for continuously monitoring and alerting around uptime and performance. Logging and data analysis is the heart of maintaining highly reliable systems.
* Coach and train Engineers on the use of automation tools and processes
* Develop and improve Web, Mobile, and API automated test frameworks to be fast, modular, and reliable
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or engineering
* 3+ Years’ experience automating on CI/CD platforms like GitLab or Jenkins
* 3+ years’ experience with building and deploying scalable production quality automation using terraform, ansible, chef or puppet
* 3+ Experience working with AWS managed service solutions such as: VPC, EC2, IAM, S3, ELB, RDS, CloudFormation
* 2 years’ experience with containers and container management: Docker, Kubernates of AWS native container management
* Experience automating Java and .NET application and familiarity with design patterns for applications