Senior Analyst, Community Engagement
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This position provides essential project coordination and administrative support to the Community Engagement, Investment and Philanthropy team in a variety of areas, serving as the lynchpin of our team. This role will serve as the key point of contact for identifying volunteer opportunities from nonprofit partners (new and existing) and connect them to interested Webster colleagues for activation. This person is also responsible for analyzing internal and external data along with conducting market research relevant to our work and manages coordination of CR-related events and volunteer activities. Additionally, this position will assist with internal programs and LOB initiatives to support the team’s strategic goals, and manage our CSR tool (YourCause) vendor relationship and expansion of tool capabilities (i.e. reporting volunteer hours, data analytics, etc.).
This position will also work with senior members of the team to help provide support for projects both large and small as needs arise (i.e. serve as the point of contact for integrating new bank-wide tools for the OCR team).
- Serve as the main conduit between volunteer opportunities from nonprofit partners (new and existing) and interested Webster colleagues for activation
- Manage CSR tool (YourCause) vendor relationship and expansion of tool capabilities (i.e. reporting volunteer hours, data analytics, etc.)
- Orchestrate Corporate Responsibility launch events in partnership with marketing and community partners
- Analyze data (quantitative and qualitative) related to community engagement, investment and philanthropy, summarize key points in written and spoken presentations
- Develop thoughtful and user-friendly processes for managing information and improving departmental materials in order to further Line of Business initiatives that support CR’s strategic goals
- Conduct market research projects as needed to answer specific strategic questions, present findings and analysis of external data sets to OCR team
- Assist in execution of Community Impact Month, providing targeted opportunities for service throughout the bank’s footprint, and represent Webster at these events as needed
- Provide administrative support/project management as needs arise (i.e. taking minutes at various board and council meetings, serve as OCR’s point of contact for integrating new bank-wide tools for the OCR team)
Requirements and Skills
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- 2-4 years of experience in the industry and strong understanding of business practices preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable analyzing data and developing summaries, conducting research projects to answer strategic questions
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate/organize large amounts of new information
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to fluctuations in workflow to meet deadlines in a demanding environment
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest and experience in working with community organizations highly preferred
This position can be based in either CT or NY, and is a hybrid role and will need to work onsite.
The estimated salary range for this position is $75,000USD to $95,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.