Sr Anlst, Commercial Loan Servicing
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The primary responsibility of this role is to book and service the most complex commercial loans. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of loan documents, syndications, complex commercial lines of credit, regulatory requirements, credit policy, collateral, insurance, derivatives, swaps, interest rates, loan servicing, and GAAP loan accounting. The role requires heavy interaction with both internal and external clients, attorneys, credit partners, and audit.
- Read and interpret complex loan agreements and credit approval documents to assess regulatory and credit policy compliance.
- Read and interpret complex credit agreements and assess system functionality to book commercial deals in accordance terms outlined in the credit agreement and with GAAP.
- Close, fund, and book loans into LoanIQ or other loan systems as assigned.
- Provide guidance to line of business, RM’s, PM’s and attorneys on deal structuring and certain legal language in the credit agreements.
- Consistently exercise strong judgment around regulatory issues consulting with Compliance and Legal as needed.
- Use comprehensive understanding of commercial loan activity to provide insight around collateral documentation and servicing of complex credits.
- Communicate effectively and timely upward and downward, with outside attorneys, and other financial institutions.
- Monitoring assigned work queues to ensure performance is within service level agreement.
- Follow and maintain internal controls, comprehensive understanding of SOX requirements and key attributes of each loan type.
- Provide knowledge and expertise in development of procedures and job aids for closing, booking and servicing activities.
- Escalate potential client issues to senior manager timely.
- Review and approve peer transactions as requested.
- 4-7 years of experience with commercial loan operations.
- Candidates with degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- High level triage and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills (experience partnering with executives and business professionals across a wide range of disciplines)
- Prior experience working with LoanIQ and other commercial loan systems.
- Experience with Loan Accounting, SOX, and regulatory reporting.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Attention to detail
- Strong math skills
The estimated salary range for this position is $85,000 to $90,000. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.