Sr Analyst, Fraud Risk Management
Date ActiveSep 5, 2023 11:48:07 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Responsible for analyzing bank transactions, new accounts, and customer behavior to identify anomalous activity and potential risk to the customer and the bank. The position will need to document their findings and take appropriate action to prevent losses to our customers and the bank.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors transactions across multiple delivery channels to identify trends and patterns of fraudulent activity and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews output of daily account warning reports using automated scoring system; researches fraudulent information or discrepancies.
- Mitigates identified potential fraud loss by: placing holds/restricting access; preparing STMs; performing necessary due diligence.
- Recommends closure of accounts deemed risky or suspicious; performs account maintenance as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records to ensure accurate reporting and adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Based upon research and findings, makes recommendations to management for updates to fraud prevention strategies.
- Provides internal support to retail personnel on all issues concerning fraud and suspicious activity.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 + years of experience in retail operations, wire/ACH, branch supervision, compliance, audit, investigation, law enforcement or related field.
- Working knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
- Strong analytic and computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to work independently in high volume environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours and daily work load requirements depending on need.
The estimated salary range for this position is $55,000USD to $70,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.