Date ActiveFeb 22, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
- Perform complex accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Verify accuracy of journal entries, account balances, and accounting classifications within various reports. Assure that all reports and disclosures comply with applicable regulatory requirements, professional standards, and internal policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to the accurate production/review of corporate financial deliverables, to include, but not limited to, the month end accounting close, quarterly earnings call, investor presentations, etc.
- Prepare analytical reviews of financial statements during closing process.
- Field questions concerning financial results.
- Follow up on accounting/system issues that affect the company and recommend improvements to work flow and systems to management.
- Ensure the integrity of financial statements. Ensure that financial statements an in compliance with GAAP, company policies, accounting and SOX control procedures, and governmental requirements.
- Assists and provide support with the annual external audit and budget processes.
- Works closely with the Controller to maintain the accounting system, implementing changes in data flow and reporting structure.
- Financial advisor to support the executives of line of businesses by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-making around strategic business initiatives.
- Assist others within the accounting department with research of issues that require advanced accounting or system knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 5+ years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry preferred.
- CPA designation preferred but not required.