Date ActiveOct 25, 2022 11:25:53 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Solutions Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting Enterprise Architecture activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a portfolio of solutions in response to disruptive forces, and driving achieving targeted business outcomes. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for defining target architecture strategy and roadmaps to successfully identify, implement and rationalize digital and online banking solutions, integration patterns. The Solutions Architect partners with cross functional teams to bridge the gap between various teams and projects to make sure that solutions are consistent with the target architecture, and are cost-effective and rationalized to meet the business goals.
The Solutions architect will provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the application portfolio in this domain. This individual creates deliverables that help develop a direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions -- including systems, shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to better match targeted outcomes for Webster Bank.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
* Provide sound architecture solutions to assigned portfolio of applications in the digital and online banking domain
* Builds and maintains architecture standards and best practices
* Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
* Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
* Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
* Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
* Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
* Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
* Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
* Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
* Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
* Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer science or engineering
* Preferred: Master's degree in Engineering or related field preferred
* Required 5+ Years' experience as a solutions or application architect
* Required 3+ years' experience designing solutions in one more of the following areas
* Mobile and web-based banking solutions
* Identity verification
* Digital account opening and onboarding
* Experience in digital and online banking solutions preferred
* Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
* Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
* Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences
* Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
* Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes