Date ActiveOct 12, 2022 4:18:15 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses, and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Solutions Architect is responsible for defining target architecture and roadmaps to successfully identify, implement and rationalize core banking solutions. This individual will help manage the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions -- including systems, shared infrastructure services, shared application services and shared components to better match targeted outcomes for Webster Bank.
The Solutions architect for Digital, Product, Sales and Marketing technology will provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the application portfolio in this domain. This individual will partner with functional teams to understand their requirements and propose solutions consistent with the enterprise target architecture and are cost-effective and rationalized to meet the business goals. This individual will be responsible for creating artifacts that depict proposed solutions, managing approvals through the internal review process and liaise with developers and business stakeholders during the development process.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
* Provide sound architecture solutions to assigned portfolio of innovation projects, including digital, marketing and product initiatives
* Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
* Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
* Liaise with the business and developers during the build and delivery process to answer questions and make decisions on architecture design
* Lead review and approval process for architecture designs and produce required artifacts
*Build and maintain architecture standards and best practices
* Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
* Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
* Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in technology, solutions architecture and financial services
- Experience working in the Scaled Agile Framework
- Prior experience managing through change, mergers, or acquisitions.
- Comfortable working independently in an evolving and changing environment
- Flexible and willing to participate in activities outside core job description
- Able to build successful relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong communications, both verbally and written.