Small Business Relationship Manager, Law Firm Banking
Date ActiveJan 7, 2023 10:10:11 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationTwo Stamford Plaza-FF773
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Relationship Manager is responsible for cultivating and growing a portfolio of business clients within our target segment. They will manage a portfolio of existing business relationships, with an extensive focus on new business development, expansion of existing relationships, and client retention. They will work with Team leaders to execute against our segment strategy, and contribute to net deposit growth, loan production, and expansion of revenue generating products and services. They will also partner with the private bankers & banking centers within their assigned markets, in order to deliver an excellent client experience, look for growth opportunities throughout the entire consumer segment, and drive value to the clients that we serve.
- Contribute to growth of segment by executing against our segment strategy. Responsible for execution against targeted growth goals of our core KPIs, in New business development, Deposit Growth, Loan Production & Treasury Management Fee Income.
- Develop & maintain extensive network of business contacts, COIs, community leaders and other referral sources in order to develop new business and generate revenue. Effectively manage and grow the pipeline consistent with production expectations.
- Work closely with Team Leader, Private Bankers, and Banking Centers to deliver an excellent client experience, and drive value to the clients that we serve. Encourage peers and colleagues to skillfully listen to client needs and identify business banking growth opportunities.
- Develop and present effective credit proposals/memos for consideration. Work with senior leadership and credit to negotiate quality loans within our established policy & guidelines.
- Ensure & uphold operational integrity amongst team by complying with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Candidates must have at least 5+ years’ experience managing business relationships; 7+ years of sales experience in RM & Branch Manager equivalent role.
- Extensive knowledge of credit, financial analysis techniques & lending policy, with ability to package and present credit deals to segment leadership & credit team. Well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors a plus.
- Proven track record of Business Development, Commercial loan origination, and Relationship Management skills.
JOB RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proven relationship management skills with demonstrated capabilities, in managing and growing a sales pipeline, fostering COI relationships & referral sources, and developing new business relationships.
- Commercial lending experience, with ability to analyze, package and present prospective financing opportunities to senior leadership & credit.
- Strong knowledge of business banking, branch profitability, commercial lending & treasury management products; possess a general understanding of operations. (Audit, compliance, fraud, loss, risk).
- Exceptional business development skills & Entrepreneurial business management orientation.