Shared Platform Specialist
Date ActiveAug 9, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Platform Specialist role provides subject matter expertise for shared platforms used in IT solutions across the enterprise. Responsibilities include administration, support, and enhancement through configuration and customization of these platforms. These platforms are typically third-party cloud services that are integrated with Webster Bank applications and services as part of our business processes. Integrations with these shared platforms will be via API and/or file exchange and may be bi-directional.
In this role, the individual will work closely with the business to understand the requirements for how the shared services are to be used, and with architecture and integration teams to define the integration strategy for how systems will interact with the shared platforms. The individual will also be the strategic vision for how the platforms evolve over time, and how new features/capabilities can be used for the benefit of the bank.
- Works as part of a team that providing support, configuration, and enhancement for our shared platforms.
- Builds subject matter expertise in the capability, functionality, and applicability of specific shared platforms.
- Builds expertise in how to implement and integrate with shared platforms.
- Works as part of the team that designs and implements solutions leveraging our shared platforms.
- Works as part of the team that troubleshoots and solves problems related to our shared platforms - identifying root cause and implementing measures to correct and prevent future occurrences.
- Works as part of the team monitoring and alerting around the availability and performance of our shared platforms.
- Continually looks for opportunities to do things better/more efficiently and works with teams to drive these process improvements.
- Relationship manager with shared platform provider, responsible for contract renewal and compliance surveys.
- Participate in design sessions with Enterprise Architecture teams to design enterprise solutions leveraging shared platforms.
- Participate in Lean Portfolio Management sessions to define team priorities and work with scrum masters to define sprint plans
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a software developer, architect, or platform owner
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in working with database technologies.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in the use of data integration tools and technologies.
- Experience supporting DocuSign, eOriginal, and Sharepoint are a plus.
- Practical experience working with the Agile approach to project management.
- Experience with Shared Agile Framework (SAFe) and Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) a plus.
- Familiarity with SSO using oAuth 2 and integration security using mutual TLS.
- Quick learner with the ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for interacting with various departments and teams across the organization.
- Strong systems analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in cloud concepts (i.e. AWS services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, ...).
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic learner and devoted to customer service and quality control.
- Strong time management skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and an inclusive team player.
The estimated salary range for this position is $115,000 USD to $130,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.