200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Webster Bank as a member of the Digital Banking, Marketing, and Experience Team. This role plays a critical part in capturing the attention of search engines for keywords and phrases that are relevant to products and services that Webster Bank offers. This leader will develop, execute, monitor, analyze and continually improve all facets of our search initiatives while keeping the larger business goals in mind.
As Webster increases its focus on digital marketing as a way to grow and strengthen relationships, support customers and drive business results, creative and solution-oriented thinking is not only encouraged, but expected. The SEO Manager will be a core member of a team that contributes to critical business success metrics.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Passionately engages with the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape, and has a finger on the SEO and content strategies that can help drive success
- Is intellectually curious, not afraid to think big while being practical and patient
- Is able to execute strategies designed to solve problems for very specific audiences related to key Webster Bank lines of business
- Can draw actionable conclusions from internal and external sources
- Possesses a combination of technical, content and analytical skills
This is a hands-on individual contributor role, where you will have direct responsibility for our Search Engine Optimization initiatives. You are responsible for identifying strategic opportunities to improve organic search performance for our public-facing web site. You will work across internal teams to infuse SEO into UX, creative, content and technology decisions that enable our digital projects to drive more customers to conversion.
The SEO Manager will work closely with the User Experience, Personalization, Social Media and Brand teams to create and plan digital content strategies. You will actively work to continually improve existing search engine rankings for our website, as well as identify content-gap opportunities to ensure that Webster has useful and informative content for products and services that we provide to our customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive growth in prospect traffic and leads to the website through organic search
- Generate strategic SEO recommendations across all areas that impact SEO, including technical, structural, content and link authority
- Conduct in-depth content gap analyses, keyword research, and SERP landscape analysis and develop and drive innovative content strategies
- Ability to understand scope and prioritize activities based on business value and available resources
- Understand the role that other digital channels play in the SEO landscape including PPC, Social Media and Content
- Identify site-wide optimization opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, website functionality, usability, and technical SEO
- Willing and able to perform every level of SEO task from hands-on keyword research and data analysis to generating SEO strategies and internal SEO training
- Manage and improve the visibility of local listings for all locations across the bank's regional footprint within CT, MA, RI, and NY
- Attract target audiences by prioritizing keyword and content strategies in coordination with line of business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Show cross-functional leadership working closely with product, marketing strategy, content teams and developers to deploy SEO strategy and tactics
- Educate cross-discipline teams about the principles of SEO and how they apply to their specific responsibilities
- Manage SEO tools, vendors and agency partners
- Make data & results digestible and share campaign success on a monthly and quarterly basis using various analytics platforms like Google Analytics, MOZLocal, Brightedge and Google Search Console to gain strategic insights and inform recommendations
- Consistently monitor performance and business metrics to understand organic search performance both site-wide and by business area and sales segment
- Provide monthly reporting and SEO health checks, and be able to develop actionable insights from the data
- Maintain an view of the competitive landscape and continually monitor and benchmark SEO performance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of SEO experience
- Google Certified during the last 1-3 years
- Experience with on-the-page, off-the-page and local SEO strategies
- Confident using analytics to make data-driven decisions
- Able to oversee project resources, cross --functional teams, meet deadlines and delegate tasks
- Ability to measure strategy effectiveness (changes to rankings, traffic, conversions) and make decisions based on that data
- Able to demonstrate specific experience in creative, technical and content marketing aspects of SEO
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to clearly communicate technical and marketing SEO concepts to co-workers at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated use of advanced Excel techniques, including pivot tables, filters, formulas and v-look ups
- Hands-on experience using web analytics reporting tools like Coremetrics or Google Analytics and SEO tools like Google Search Console, Brightedge and MOZLocal
- Editing, proofreading, and project management skills, with attention to detail
- Flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management, great organizational skills, and the ability to multitask
- Demonstrated relationship building, and team/collaborative skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
Job Reference #: 5000502839306