Date ActiveAug 26, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The incumbent has fully developed knowledge, skills, and techniques relative to the collection of past due Residential and Consumer loan products through the use of loss mitigation tools and techniques, including but not limited to Fair Debt Collection practices, effective communication skills, PC skills, interaction with other loan servicing functions, Investor practices, and PMI practices, for the purpose of reducing delinquency in all ageing categories and for the purpose of reducing potential losses for the Bank. Should be strong in the analysis of loan files for the purpose of evaluating the potential for available loss mitigation and/or work-out options.
- Understands and follows the Default Services Policies and Procedures of the bank.
- Telephone's delinquent mortgage and consumer loan customers. Works constructively with the delinquent customers to ultimately cure the delinquent accounts through the use of loss mitigation or other work-out options.
- Maintains and documents accurate loss mitigation records via the On-Line Collection System.
- Analyzes borrower financial statements to determine the best possible work-out solution.
- Recommends specific loss mitigation and/or workout proposals to Supervisor and/or Management and tracks the performance of approved plans.
- Maintains an active loss mitigation file of borrower financials and other documentation for all loans in the loss mitigation workstation.
- Corresponds with real estate brokers, agents and attorneys regarding potential short-sale and/or settlement offers on the borrowers' property.
- Corresponds with Loan Investors, Loan Insurers, and external servicing vendors regarding specific case requirements.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by Loss Mitigation Supervisor or other DMS Management.
High School / GED required.
Some college preferred - Business or Management
2 -- 4 years of related experience -- previous Mortgage and Consumer loss mitigation and collections experience in a loan servicing environment including FNMA, FHLMC, CHFA, and HUD products).
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer Proficiency (PC Input, data entry, etc.).
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word Processing and Spreadsheet).
- Strong Residential and Consumer product knowledge.
- Strong Loan Servicing knowledge (Investor, Escrow, Payoff, Cashiering, ARM)
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Goal oriented.
- Knowledge of CHFA/FHA, FNMA, FHLMC and various other investor Loss
- Mitigation requirements.