Senior Underwriter II Business Banking
Date ActiveMar 13, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
This position will be responsible to underwrite and analyze the more complex and sophisticated new loan submissions within Business Banking. These credit requests will generally consist of C&I exposures up to $6,000,000 as well as Investment Real Estate and SBA transactions up to $7,500,000. The expectation of this position is to deliver a comprehensive, objective and independent analysis providing a sound and properly-structured recommendation within Bank Policies.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Prepare high quality, detailed credit approval documents that contain an in-depth analysis, an understanding and identification of credit issues/risks as well as an accurate risk rating assignment
- Demonstrated ability to properly structure complex financial transactions
- Decision loan requests in accordance with the bank's loan policies and procedures.
- Spread and interpret financial statements, tax returns, leases, rent rolls, and projections utilizing Sageworks software.
- Provide both an initial response and final decision to the Relationship Manager within established timeframes.
- At times, attend customer and prospect site visits with Relationship Managers to gain additional insight into the client's business operations
- Prepare commitment letters upon approval of loan request.
- Participate in projects that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process.
- Assist in training and development of other Underwriters.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- 8-12 years of experience in commercial loan underwriting.
- Proven problem solving, decision making, underwriting and analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied accounting and finance concepts as well as proficiency in performing detailed financial analyses
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and Sageworks software
- Knowledge of SBA financing programs
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple underwriting assignments
- Strong organizational, communication, time management and collaboration skills