Senior Underwriter - Business Banking
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Responsible for the credit analysis and underwriting of new Business Banking loans to customers with up to $25 million in revenues and total loan exposure up to $7,500,000.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
2. Decision loan requests in accordance with the bank's loan policies and procedures.
3. Consult with Underwriting Manager, Business Banker, and Director of Government Guaranteed Lending (SBA) to recommend proper loan structuring that limits risk.
4. Spread and interpret financial statements, tax returns, and projections utilizing SageWorks software.
5. Provide and initial response to the Business Banker within an established timeframe upon receipt and review of the completed loan submission package.
6. Prepare commitment letters upon approval of loan request.
7. Order and review appraisals and valuations (real estate, equipment, business, etc.).
8. Assist all partners (closing, portfolio, and operations) in the closing of Business Banking loans.
9. Participate in projects that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process.
10. Assist in training and development of Underwriters.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* 3-5 years of experience in commercial loan underwriting.
* Strong PC, communication, and collaboration skills.
* Working knowledge of SBA and SageWorks software preferred.
* Ability to work well in pressure situations.
Job Reference #: 5000357639006