Senior Test Automation Engineer
Date ActiveMay 3, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location1515 N Rivercenter Dr-WI501
Job Description/ Requirements
At HSA Bank, we're working toward a world where everyone is empowered to save for a healthy future. Our offerings in the healthcare savings space drive down healthcare costs, increase access, and assist with decision-making for consumers, health plans, partners, and advisors.
Are you ready to join us?
Take lead role in architecting, designing, and implementing custom-developed automation projects for testing banking systems. Design and enhance automated test results reporting. Convert manual test cases into automated tests. Help integrate automated test projects into a Continuous Improvement/Continuous Deployment system.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance Supervisor to develop and maintain vision and planning of the test automation program.
- Develop and maintain architectural modeling of the test automation system.
- Identify common operations within automated tests that can be generalized into shared test automation code library.
- Contribute to the integration of automated test projects into software build pipelines.
- Design component and integration automated test projects to be modular so they are capable of being executed individually or as sequenced end-to-end tests.
- Design baseline and staggered system test--performance, load, stress -- load profiles from SLAs, KPIs, and business requirements.
- Promote automated test development standards and best practices in alignment with the software development program's established standards and practices.
- Develop headless automated tests using .Net C#, SpecFlow, and NUnit capable of orchestrating service-layer operations, like manipulating files, transacting with SQL databases, performing API calls, etc.
- Develop system tests--performance, load, stress -- using JMeter or similar system testing tools.
- Strive to achieve or exceed 80/20 ratio of automated/manual test development.
- Contribute to scrum team feature development, as needed, in alignment with the DevOps team model of full-feature ownership.
- Contribute meaningfully to scrum team discussions, particularly story, requirement, and acceptance criteria development.
- Advocate for testability and test automation during all phases of feature development.
- Maintain current software development and Quality Assurance industry standard knowledge to properly manage or follow QA processes.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years relevant experience in custom test automation development using .Net C#.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance and Testing experience, including business requirements interpretation, test planning, and metrics development.
- Ability to work independently and to take the lead in a team environment.
- Familiar with the systems development life cycle, including source code control and integration with Application Lifecycle Management tools and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to multitask in high paced, pressured environment.