Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior System Analyst/Programmer is responsible for supporting internally and externally developed applications which are hosted both internally and externally. The Senior System Analyst/Programmer is responsible for application and server enhancements, addressing application and Information Technology issues for Webster Bank, NA. Duties include but are not limited to design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain complex IT business solutions. They are responsible for developing and coordinating application enhancements and addressing the application and information technology issues for Digital Banking - OneTouch applications for Webster Bank, N.A.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Monitor system performance and uptime.
- Provides routine and emergency production support which can require off hours and/or weekends
- Supports team technology projects and system upgrades.
- Ensures parity between non-production and production environments.
- Maintenance and system support to Digital Banking - OneTouch applications in support of Community Banking. This includes server maintenance, certificate updates, vendor upgrades and assisting users with production issues.
- Troubleshoots application and/or client related issues and implements resolutions.
- Applies tests and implements application fixes; works with vendor supported applications to obtain fixes and implement as appropriate.
- Support project manager/release manager by developing detailed project information such as detailed scope information, estimates, evaluation criteria and results, etc.
- Identify and define applications architecture, components and interfaces, design of data model, data/information flows, and security design.
- Recommend design alternatives, considering benefits of and limitations to users based on in-depth understanding of business needs; may code very complex or high risk components.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related work experience strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional IT and business systems analyst experience.
- 3-5 years of experience within application support residing on Linux/AIX/Unix/Windows environments.
- 3-5 years of experience troubleshooting Java or .Net based applications.
- Expertise using SQL queries.
- Highly developed understanding of structure analysis, technical design, and database and file access methods.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
- Proven communication and problem solving skills, detail-orientated, proficiency in automated tools and desktop software.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Banking Industry background.
- 5+ years of professional IT and business systems analyst experience.
- 5+ years of experience within application support residing on Linux/AIX/Unix/Windows environments.
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting Java or .Net based applications.
- Knowledge of other technologies is a plus (HTML, Perl, PowerShell, bash, ksh or others).
- Knowledge of working with Middleware Application such as HTTP Server.
- Proven ability in one or more programming languages and development tools.