Senior Systems Analyst Developer
Date ActiveNov 11, 2022 3:22:15 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer – Core Systems
Expert in all aspects and techniques for defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects related Webster Bank’s Core Banking Systems. In addition, will support operational systems and deal with production issues along with driving root cause analysis. Based on analysis will determine and prioritize the IT or business solutions to the solve the problem. This individual will be knowledgeable in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and provide and receive work direction in order to deliver assigned work on time. Will be a collaborator with IT and Business teams with an emphasis on timely and accurate communications.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user need and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements; considers business application of technology to both current and future business environment.
- Develop or modify as well as lead others through the processes to resolve complex business issues.
- Develop detailed application, product and/or tool selection evaluation criteria based on identified product requirements. Assumes full accountability for developing business and functional requirements for complex issues.
- Use comparative analysis techniques to evaluate and recommend overall IT solutions for client/organization. Provides consulting services to business stakeholders and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results.
- Provides consistent, accurate and timely updates to team members, stakeholders, and management on the status and issues surrounding assigned work.
- Actively participate in daily tasks and projects.
- Collaborates with end user community and maintain an environment of partnership. Provide fast and accurate information. Proactively remain engaged and aligned with user community on assigned work.
- Proactively considers the broader business implications of proposed changes to current and future business needs.
- Analyze, test and implement changes of varying complexity. Follow best practices, and release control process.
- Able to lead BA’s in requirements analysis for small to medium projects and fixes.
- Supports design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
- Support scrum master by developing detailed project information such as scope, effort, evaluation criteria and task lists. Maybe asked to lead smaller efforts.
- Coach and mentor lower level analysts.
- Coordinates production releases with internal and external partners. Manages associated risks effectively by producing appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Works with manager to oversee vendor relationships to ensure conformance with agreed upon SLAs.
- Is available for escalated production issues as needed.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field.
- 5 years of professional IT and business systems/analysis experience.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills to include: verbal, written and technical communication skills.
- Skilled problem solver that is very detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in automated tools and desktop software.
- Knowledge of FiServ
The estimated salary range for this position is $95,000 USD to $115,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22-1188