Senior Systems Administrator
Date ActiveSep 9, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior Systems Administrator (Sr. SA) is responsible for the full life cycle of support (design, planning, implementation, maintenance, production) for the technical environments that support the application portfolio for the Customer Care and Banking Center application portfolio. They serve as a technical lead in the areas of system administration and technical support for a complex application portfolio environment, from a full stack perspective. The Sr.SA Investigates and analyzes the feasibility of new major system requirements and develops technical environment specifications. Duties include performing upgrades, managing certificates, identifying and addressing vulnerabilities, participating in infrastructure planning and change events, developing monitoring processes, application performance management and capacity management plans as well as managing tools required by the application portfolio. The Sr. SA works in close collaboration with the infrastructure and security teams, the application developers and the respective vendors who provide services within the portfolio.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing application servers along with infrastructure team to meet sceptic application requirements,
- Proactively manage and maintain the health of the application server and related network environments in partnership with the infrastructure service teams.
- Support technical environment upgrades and comply with the patch management standards of the company.
- Maintain and understand systems, regulatory requirements, and security interdependencies of hosting systems
- Actively participate in hardware and software configuration and change management processes
- Provide statistics of systems usage, systems outages, end user requests, etc. at meetings, planning sessions, and other interactions as needed
- Participate in system disaster recovery tests, in accordance with company policy, to ensure data integrity and availability
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement alerting and monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for server and system administration tasks
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for environment related incidents as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related work experience strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional IT and business systems administration and technical engineering experience.
- 3-5 years of experience within application support residing on Linux/AIX/Unix/Windows environments.
- 3-5 years of experience troubleshooting Java or .Net based applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SSH clients.
- Highly developed understanding of structure analysis, technical design, and database and file access methods.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
- Proven track record of solving problems and getting things done in a fast pace, evolving environment.
- Proven communication skills, detail-orientated, proficiency in automated tools and desktop software.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- 5+ years of professional IT and business systems analyst experience.
- 5+ years of experience within application support residing on Linux/AIX/Unix/Windows environments.
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting Java or .Net based applications.
- Knowledge of other technologies is a plus (HTML, Perl, PowerShell, bash, ksh or others, etc.).
- Knowledge of application and integration middleware such as IBM WebSphere, MQ, CICS, Tidal, Oracle.
- Knowledge of telephony systems, ACD, Call recording and monitoring, and IVR.
- Banking Industry background a plus.