Senior SOX Analyst
Date ActiveApr 8, 2022 9:44:53 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Senior Sr SOX Analyst
If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of an industry best practice SOX program, then this role is for you! The Senior SOX Analyst plays a critical role in the continued development of the SOX program. This role has high visibility across the organization and is responsible for regular communication with key stakeholders, including various levels of Management and external auditors. The Senior SOX Analyst aids in the coaching and development of other team members.
The Senior SOX Analyst performs comprehensive reviews of business processes to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively. This person is a key role in the execution of the SOX Program and makes recommendation to various levels of Management for enhancing processes and controls and improving documentation to meet SOX requirements. The role requires strong ownership, leadership, and communication capabilities, and is a critical point of contact for the lines of business. Forming strong relationships with business partners and fostering a collaborative environment are critical to success in this role. The Senior Analyst will serve as a primary contact for the external auditors and will assist in coordinating SOX efforts between the SOX department, SOX stakeholders and external audit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Play a critical role in the continued enhancement of the SOX program in response to a changing control environment and changing processes and technology within the Company.
- Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of contact for lines of business.
- Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of SOX objectives and requirements, managing request lists, and facilitating discussions on controls.
- Facilitate the walkthrough process with Management and external audit.
- Collaborate with business line partners to review SOX documentation (risk control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed.
- Ensure SOX documentation is accurate and reflects current process.
- Complete and/or review SOX testing for key controls identified in the walkthrough process. Coordinate testing approach and align expectations with external auditors to ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards (including PCAOB) and allows for reliance by the external auditors.
- Leverage knowledge of audit methodology and industry requirements to ensure thorough workpapers are maintained.
- Support the team-oriented culture of the SOX department.
- Mentor less experienced SOX team members and review workpapers where appropriate.
- Research and assess deficiencies identified and work with Management to identify an appropriate solution.
- Follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution.
- Apply audit planning and execution knowledge to support the risk assessment and scoping process.
- Manage communication with external auditors and serve as a liaison between external audit and lines of business.
- Assist Management in the review and mapping of vendor SOC 1 reports to ensure appropriate controls are identified and operating effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 5 years of related experience, public accounting or SOX experience strongly preferred
- Banking experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
- CPA or CIA designation strongly preferred