Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Date ActiveMay 3, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
At HSA Bank, we're working toward a world where everyone is empowered to save for a healthy future. Our offerings in the healthcare savings space drive down healthcare costs, increase access, and assist with decision-making for consumers, health plans, partners, and advisors.
Are you ready to join us?
Design and enhance automated test results reporting. Convert manual test cases into automated tests. Help integrate automated test projects into a Continuous Improvement/Continuous Deployment system.
- Design component and integration automated test projects to be modular so they are capable of being executed individually or as sequenced end-to-end tests.
- Design baseline and staggered system test--performance, load, stress -- load profiles from SLAs, KPIs, and business requirements.
- Promote automated test development standards and best practices in alignment with the software development program's established standards and practices.
- Develop headless automated tests using .Net C#, SpecFlow, and NUnit capable of orchestrating service-layer operations, like manipulating files, transacting with SQL databases, performing API calls, etc.
- Develop system tests--performance, load, stress -- using JMeter or similar system testing tools.
- Strive to achieve or exceed 80/20 ratio of automated/manual test development.
- Contribute to scrum team feature development, as needed, in alignment with the DevOps team model of full-feature ownership.
- Contribute meaningfully to scrum team discussions, particularly story, requirement, and acceptance criteria development.
- Advocate for testability and test automation during all phases of feature development.
- Maintain current software development and Quality Assurance industry standard knowledge to properly manage or follow QA processes.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years relevant experience in custom test automation development using .Net C#.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance and Testing experience, including business requirements interpretation, test planning, and metrics development.
- Ability to work independently and to take the lead in a team environment.
- Familiar with the systems development life cycle, including source code control and integration with Application Lifecycle Management tools and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to multitask in high paced, pressured environment.