Senior Regulatory Accountant
Date ActiveMar 16, 2021 1:47:53 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Financial Reporting Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation and review of Webster’s regulatory reports including, but not limited to, the FFIEC 031 (Call Report); FRY 9LP and the FRY 9C. The position is also responsible for providing technical regulatory accounting support.
1. Responsible for the quarterly preparation, review, and filing of regulatory financial statements (Call Report, FRY 9LP, FRY 9C, etc).
2. Responsible for the daily and weekly preparation of reports to be filed with the Federal Reserve (FR 2644, FR 2900, and FR 2420).
3. Analyzes and provides monthly accruals for FDIC and OCC Assessment.
4. Provide technical support to members of Finance, Accounting, and business unit constituents on the treatment of regulatory accounting issues.
5. Research and document technical regulatory accounting issues for senior management and business unit constituents.
6. Updates regulatory requirements as noted by OCC/FDIC/FFIEC/FRB bulletins and notes impact to Webster.
7. Maintain the related SOX documentation for financial reporting.
8. Coordinate with the Company’s external auditors.
9. Participate in special projects, such as due diligence for acquisition targets, integration of subsidiaries post acquisition, debt issuance, etc.
* A minimum of 4 years of related experience
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA preferred.
* Public Accounting / Audit experience strongly preferred
* Banking experience is a plus
* Ability to manage a project including development and tracking of timelines/action plans
* Strong communication and relationship skills
* Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills.
* A willingness and awareness of the need to communicate outside of the division, educate constituents and enforce deadlines without direct reporting lines
* A willingness to continuously improve the company's reporting process
* Strong professional skills and presence; an ability to interact with senior executives