Senior Portfolio Manager
Date ActiveAug 1, 2022 2:11:37 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location50 Kennedy Plaza-RIP35
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Public Sector Finance Portfolio Manager
Responsible for credit risk management of a portfolio of complex PSF credit account relationships including across a wide variety of sectors including tax backed and revenue transactions.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform exceptional credit execution including prudent, sound, and timely completion of periodic review memos, and timely and accurate updates of clients’ financial data in Webster Bank’s systems of record (Sageworks Dashboard, ACBS, etc.).
- Directly engage in client discussions & meetings to assure a high level of client satisfaction & customer service, maintain awareness of performance trends, industry issues, and potential risk grade migration, and negotiate renewal credit terms.
- Assure production of high-quality portfolio initial underwriting, review memos and renewal documents which identify and analyze operating performance to plan and prior year, assess current and expected financial condition, identify variances to policies & procedures, and confirm or recommend changes to risk grades with appropriate justifications.
- Work collaboratively with Relationship Managers, Underwriters and Risk Management as needed on deal screen, underwriting and credit approval matters.
- Demonstrate effective coaching and mentoring to build upon team members’ skills and knowledge, assure appropriate habits and behaviors and continuously improve the quality and consistency of the team's portfolio administration activities.
- Attract, select, develop, and retain top talent while promoting and championing a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Webster’s markets, key business issues and credit considerations.
- Assure the portfolio and all underwriting & review documents meet all existing Bank and federal compliance requirements.
- Meet Credit Risk Review, Audit and OCC requirements for acceptable reviews.
- Support a strong risk culture for Webster Bank by conducting day-to-day business in compliance with laws and regulations, internal policies and guidelines and proactively identifying, communicating, and addressing issues warranting attention.
- Timely completion of online compliance and operating risk management training modules.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive credit knowledge & underwriting expertise
- Highly effective interpersonal & communication skills (verbal and written)
- 7+ years PSF banking underwriting and/or portfolio management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience