Senior Managing Director, Marketing & Governance
Date ActiveApr 20, 2023 8:39:16 AM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Senior Managing Director, Marketing & Governance role is responsible for leading marketing planning, execution, measurement, and governance, in support of lines of business and corporate marketing programs. This role will lead the development of marketing programs and multi-channel campaigns that reflect go-to-market strategies for new client acquisition, lead generation, cross-sell, retention, and digital adoption.
The Senior Managing Director, Marketing & Governance will also lead content strategy, creative and marketing communications programs that drive brand awareness and engagement across all Webster properties and platforms. This person will manage a team that work closely with cross functional teams to optimize marketing programs and sales enablement capabilities in support of business objectives. As the Senior Managing Director, Marketing & Governance, you will lead brand strategy and manage the consistency of our graphic standards across all external and internal touchpoints and ensure brand voice, look, and strategies are upheld across all business initiatives. This position will serve as a thought leader in marketing and lead internal staff, external agency and vendor partners for effective and efficient execution and monitor expense of all marketing initiatives. Additionally, this role is responsible for establishing governance standards, processes improvements and will build and oversee campaign reporting, KPI frameworks for budgeting, spend optimization, and goal forecasting.
Enterprise Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Drive marketing strategy to align with company revenue and reputation targets
- Develop business cases for line of business and corporate marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics
- Working with key leaders in the organization, determines appropriate channels, vendors, and expense level allocations to support to business lines in all markets.
- Market through various channels and segment databases
- Lead A/B testing strategies and execution across all channels and routinely optimize campaigns and programs based on real time engagements
Marketing Execution, Creative & Content Management
- Lead the development, execution, and ongoing optimizations of marketing and sales enablement programs, with responsibility of meeting financial, marketing, regulatory, legal, operational, product, projects and strategic objectives
- Responsible for multi-channel campaigns and corporate marketing and affinity programs from beginning to end ensuring they meet the target objectives and are delivered on time, within budget
- Oversee the strategy and development of content, creatives, templates, ads, landing pages and other marketing, brand and sales support enablement as needed
- Oversee the creation of content marketing assets to bring campaigns to life, build positive brand sentiment, and drive awareness and client engagement
- Develop and deliver high impact marketing packages and sales enablement materials required to successfully launch and support assigned products and continually support during the product life cycle
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Ensure clear communication to the field for all marketing programs
Marketing Governance & Operations
- Instituting best-in-class operational processes, provide consistent and repeatable processes for the team to quickly adapt to changing business conditions
- Create, maintain, optimize and automate scalable processes to optimize efficiency within the team and establish robust and risk compliant review processes on client facing content
- Manage the development and implementation of processes, tools, metrics, initiatives, infrastructure, and technology that will support and improve the operations of the Marketing function
- Work with Risk, Audit, Legal & Compliance to develop a marketing governance process
- Identify, setup and manage content, creative and sales enablement and project management tools
- Work closely with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures
Marketing Team Leadership
- Exhibit leadership of marketing in all forums and serve as an expert marketing voice to provide financial advocacy and content to partners, staying updated on industry trends, establishing thought leadership and best practices
- Manage and mentor a team of direct report who support all revenue-generating business segments and corporate functions
- Leads external vendors to achieve excellent and efficient results
- Communicates marketing plans consistently and appropriately to various levels of the organization. Influences others to be engaged in planning and supporting marketing programs
- 10+ years of relevant professional marketing experience
- 7+ years of direct management experience and/or experience managing large cross-functional teams with dotted line reporting structures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field preferred or equivalent in related work experience; MBA preferred
- Experience in financial services
- Extensive knowledge of digital, direct response, content, affinity, and marketing communications
- Strong analytical skills and experience in segmentation, testing, targeting, and experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results
- Hands-on experience in campaign planning
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels within the organization
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and maintaining processes
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to prioritize high volumes of work from a multitude of sources while maintaining the highest quality standards, exceptional organizational skills
- Strong collaboration, initiative and seeking to create new ways to challenge the status quo
- Articulate and creative communicator; ability to explain complex concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Natural drive for innovation and creative problem solving
The estimated salary range for this position is $190,000USD to $225,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1322