Senior IT SOX Analyst
Date ActiveFeb 4, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
If you are looking for an opportunity to take on a leadership role and be a part of building an industry best practice SOX program, then this role is for you! Webster is looking to re-shape and expand the internal SOX department and the Senior IT SOX Analyst will play a critical role in the development of the program. This role has high visibility across the organization and will be responsible for regular communication with key stakeholders, including various levels of Management and external auditors. The Senior IT SOX Analyst is also responsible for coaching and development of contractors.
***This is a hybrid role and can be based in Boston, New York and/or Connecticut.
The Senior IT SOX Analyst performs comprehensive reviews of IT processes to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively. The Senior IT SOX Analyst role requires strong leadership and communication capabilities and will be a main point of contact for IT. Forming strong relationships with IT business partners and fostering a collaborative environment are critical to success in this role. The Senior IT SOX Analyst will serve as a contact for the external auditors and will assist in coordinating SOX efforts between the SOX department, SOX stakeholders and external audit. Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in the transformation of the SOX department and play a critical role in the development and enhancement of the SOX program.
- Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of contact for lines of business. Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of SOX objectives and requirements, managing request lists, and facilitating discussions on controls.
- Facilitate the walkthrough process with Management and external audit. Collaborate with IT partners to review SOX documentation (risk control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed. Ensure SOX documentation is accurate and reflects current process.
- Complete and/or review SOX testing for key general IT controls (GITCs/ITGCs), IT application controls (ITACs), and key reports (IPE) identified in the walkthrough process. Coordinate testing approach and align expectations with external auditors to ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards (including PCAOB) and allows for reliance by the external auditors. Leverage knowledge of SOX methodology and industry requirements to ensure thorough workpapers are maintained.
- Support the team-oriented culture of the SOX department. Mentor less experienced SOX team members and contractors and review workpapers where appropriate.
- Research and assess deficiencies identified and work with Management to identify an appropriate solution. Follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution.
- Apply SOX planning and execution knowledge to support the risk assessment and scoping process.
- Assess vendor SOC 1 reports to ensure appropriate controls are identified and operating effectively.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferrably 2-3 years of experience from the Big Fours.
- Prior experience in public accounting or SOX experience is strongly preferred
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar designation strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
- Strong IT background required (Windows, UNIX, SQL server/ Oracle database, etc.)