Senior IT SOX Analyst
Date ActiveMay 10, 2021 4:44:03 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take on a leadership role and be a part of building an industry best practice SOX program, then this role is for you! Webster is looking to re-shape and expand the internal SOX department and the Senior IT SOX Analyst will play a critical role in the development of the program. This role has high visibility across the organization and will be responsible for regular communication with key stakeholders, including various levels of Management and external auditors. The Senior IT SOX Analyst is also responsible for coaching and development of contractors.
The Senior IT SOX Analyst performs comprehensive reviews of IT processes to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively. The Senior IT SOX Analyst role requires strong leadership and communication capabilities, and will be a main point of contact for IT. Forming strong relationships with IT business partners and fostering a collaborative environment are critical to success in this role. The Senior IT SOX Analyst will serve as a contact for the external auditors and will assist in coordinating SOX efforts between the SOX department, SOX stakeholders and external audit. Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in the transformation of the SOX department and play a critical role in the development and enhancement of the SOX program.
- Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of contact for lines of business. Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of SOX objectives and requirements, managing request lists, and facilitating discussions on controls.
- Facilitate the walkthrough process with Management and external audit. Collaborate with IT partners to review SOX documentation (risk control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed. Ensure SOX documentation is accurate and reflects current process.
- Complete and/or review SOX testing for key general IT controls (GITCs/ITGCs), IT application controls (ITACs), and key reports (IPE) identified in the walkthrough process. Coordinate testing approach and align expectations with external auditors to ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards (including PCAOB) and allows for reliance by the external auditors. Leverage knowledge of SOX methodology and industry requirements to ensure thorough workpapers are maintained.
- Support the team-oriented culture of the SOX department. Mentor less experienced SOX team members and contractors and review workpapers where appropriate.
- Research and assess deficiencies identified and work with Management to identify an appropriate solution. Follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution.
- Apply SOX planning and execution knowledge to support the risk assessment and scoping process.
- Assess vendor SOC 1 reports to ensure appropriate controls are identified and operating effectively.
Bachelor's degree required
A minimum of 5 years of related experience
Prior experience in public accounting or SOX experience is strongly preferred
CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar designation strongly preferred
Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
Strong IT background required (Windows, UNIX, SQL server/ Oracle database, etc.)