Senior Internal Auditor - Commercial and Credit
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
The Senior Auditor - Commercial and Credit performs internal audits and external audit direct assistance projects under the direction of the Portfolio Manager, with guidance from Supervisors, and oversees Auditors and Associate Auditors. Areas of focus include Commercial Banking and Finance (Accounting, Treasury, Financial Planning), with periodic rotations to other internal audit teams.
· Identify risks and controls in business processes.
· Test the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
· Identify and communicate control weaknesses and instances of non-compliance.
· Develop recommendations to improve the control environment.
· Prepare and/or review detailed audit documentation.
· Prepare written audit reports.
· Maintain and continuously improve technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
· Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with line of business contacts and external auditors.
· Assist in developing Auditor and Associate Auditor technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
· Contribute to the department's strategic initiatives.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; other relevant Bachelor's degrees will be considered.
· Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills.
· At least three years of experience auditing (internally or externally) publicly owned financial services companies.
· Experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint and IDEA (or equivalent data analytics tools).
· Technical skillset and/or interest in credit risk analysis and financial modeling preferred; plan to obtain CFA, FRM or CPA required.
Job Reference #: 5000388033106