Senior Fraud Investigator
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Sr Investigator is responsible for thorough investigation and recovery of bank loss. Act as liaison between bank and external law enforcement and regulatory agencies. The incumbent also represents the Bank's interests in court proceedings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates highly complex financial crimes committed against the organization. Researches and investigates other bank losses, and takes appropriate actions on the bank's behalf.
- Performs high-dollar/complex collection of funds due to deposit account fraud. Prepares repayment agreements and initiates civil and criminal action.
- Works closely with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, as well as investigators from other financial institutions.
- Consults with attorneys on appropriate course of action in complex cases. Prepares and files small claims actions if applicable. Represents organization's interest in the court of law.
- Prepares internal memos (STMs) as necessary. Prepares reports for management with investigation details and recommendations for prevention. Identifies vulnerabilities within organization's policies and procedures and makes recommendations to mitigate risk.
Develops, implements and facilitates training on fraud prevention as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- BS required -- preferably Business, Accounting, Finance or Criminal Justice.
- 10 + years of related experience in bank investigations
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking laws and regulations, including BSA/AML, and criminal code.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
Job Reference #: 5000408453906