Senior Employee Benefits Analyst
Date ActiveJun 22, 2022 2:44:53 PM
Hours Per Week37.5
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Support the Director of Benefit Services in administration and compliance of health and welfare plans (including retiree coverage), voluntary benefit programs, FMLA and wellness initiatives. In this position, you will assist with research and data analysis, complex billing invoices, high-level reporting, government filings and special projects. You will also ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the bank’s HR policies and procedures.
Function as a liaison between vendors and colleagues for our health & welfare programs including processing benefit enrollments for New Hires, Life Event changes, HSA contribution changes, and Status Changes. Advise colleagues on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters. Escalate colleague complaints to providers and internal management for issue resolution.
Validates and audits benefit data through testing and provides data analysis as it relates to vendor interfaces. Reviews enrollment reports, identifies discrepancies, and provide resolutions to correct any errors.
Perform monthly reconciliations of benefit invoices for payment processing.
Oversee ACA Reporting requirements.
Coordinate the COBRA process by serving as main point of contact with COBRA vendor and colleagues. Ensure all notices are sent to colleagues in a timely manner. Enter medical and dental subsidies for terminated colleagues entitled to severance.
Assist with all aspects of Open Enrollment sourcing through implementation by completing self-service testing. Work closely with the Benefit Services Director on development of communication materials and participate in the Open Enrollment meetings and education of colleagues.
Supports Wellness initiatives by assisting in drafting and reviewing ongoing employee benefits communications and serving as a member of the Wellness Committee.
Compile and maintain benefits records and documents for the processing of FMLA, STD and Workers’ Compensation.
Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 4 years of experience in United States benefits.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
- Experience in Benefit Platforms/Modules
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual thinking and have a process improvement focus to work flows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills